One would think working from home is the perfect dream, but for many women entrepreneurs it can become a nightmare. Being home, surrounded by potential chores all day, can really take its toll on our psyche (and our productivity!) Distractions range from our favorite daytime TV programs just a click away, to the calling of a sunny day, to the arrival of our children and husbands.
Here are some tips for keeping your sanity while working from home:
- Cut back on raiding the kitchen for snacks.
- Keep the TV off.
- Schedule time for chores to avoid distractions during the day.
- Know when to step away from the office and spend time with your family.
- Take one extra day off a month for “me” time.
- Eat lunch away from your workspace to clear your mind.
- Schedule dates with your spouse and kids.
- Have a bucket list and enjoy yourself every once in a while.
- Keep your work space and your fun space separate.
- Consider delegating when work becomes too busy.
- Learn to say “No”… You don’t need to take every single project.
- Eat healthy foods, schedule time for exercise and get your rest!